PASTORAL UPDATE: MONDAY, MARCH 16th
In an effort to keep our Most Blessed Sacrament community informed on news pertaining to the impact of COVID-19 on parish activities, updates will be posted periodically; watch for them!
1. Fish Fry Dinners are cancelled. Although our Take-Out efforts were well-organized and our many volunteers fantastic (as usual) – it is necessary to cancel all Fish Fry Dinners as well as Take-Out.
2. At the end of the school day today at 3:30 pm, the school buildings will be secured and locked so that a comprehensive deep-cleaning by our maintenance staff can commence. There will be no access, not even from teachers and unapproved staff, to these buildings. Religious Education on Wednesday evenings is also cancelled until further notice.
3. Father Mike and a core of volunteers in our elder ministry will be conducting “wellness check” telephone calls in the upcoming days to our elder and home-bound parishioners, as well as those in care facilities. Your parish community cares about you!
4. The Journey Through the Passion Lenten Speaker Series is cancelled. The ENGAGED pre-marriage program is cancelled. All meetings and parish and school events (with the exception of Stations of the Cross, Masses, Funerals, and Baptisms) are cancelled until further notice. As best as possible, meetings should be done remotely and/or by email. Don’t forget – all of our weekday Masses and our 11am Sunday Mass are Live-Streamed! Click on the following link:
5. There seems to be some slight confusion among a few regarding the reception of Holy Communion. The Faithful are able to receive Holy Communion on the tongue as well as in the hand, and should not be denied this option. Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion who are hesitant about distributing on the tongue should notify the Parish Office so they can be temporarily taken off the schedule.
6. On Tuesday, March 17th following the 5:30 pm Mass, the Blessed Sacrament will be reposed in the Tabernacle in our Perpetual Adoration Chapel. The Chapel will remain OPEN, but since the Blessed Sacrament is reposed in the Tabernacle, the need to have adorers present is lifted. This will allow the Chapel to remain open during this time, and also allow scheduled adorers who have health concerns to stay home.
7. All personal appointments with Fr. Mike will continue as planned.
8. The Parish Office will remain open M – F, 8am – 4pm as usual to offer any support or assistance. Don’t hesitate to call if you have questions or need assistance.
9. After morning prayer today in our school, one of our 2nd Graders ran up to me in the hall and exclaimed: “Don’t forget Father Mike I am praying for you, because I know you pray for all of us!” What a powerful and beautiful sentiment that made my morning! So in that same spirit of prayer, here is another “Prayer for the Sick”:
Father of goodness and love, hear our prayers for the sick members of our community and for all who are in need. Amid mental and physical suffering may they find consolation in your healing presence. Show your mercy as you close wounds, cure illness, make broken bodies whole and free downcast spirits. May these special people find lasting health and deliverance, and so join us in thanking you for all your gifts. We ask this through the Lord Jesus who healed those who believed. Amen.