Are you interested in being involved at Mass?
Most Blessed Sacrament Parish offers a variety of liturgical ministries in which you can be involved in, including:
- Lectors are those who help proclaim the Word of God from the lectionary during the liturgy.
- Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion (EMHC)
- As a parish dedicated to the Holy Eucharist, Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion have an important role in assisting in the distribution of Holy Communion during the liturgy. This ministry is open to those who are at least 16 years of age and have been fully initiated into the Church. Training is required for any new EMHC prior to being scheduled for liturgies.
- Altar Servers
- Altar servers play an important role in assisting the priest during the celebration of the liturgy. This ministry is open to those who are Catholic and are in the 4th grade and up. Attending a training session is required for all new altar servers prior to being put on the liturgical ministries schedule.
- Homebound EMHC
- Those who would like to distribute Holy Communion to those who are unable to attend Mass in-person can also be an EMHC. Training is required for those who are new to this ministry prior to starting.
- Ushers play an important role at liturgies by way of welcoming parishioners and visitors upon entering the church, assisting with the offertory collections, and distributing bulletins after liturgies.
- Mass Coordinators
- Mass Coordinators play an important role at liturgies by way of setting up for Mass, as well as assisting the presider and other liturgical ministers with all the various aspects of the liturgy.
If you have any questions regarding our liturgical ministries, scheduling, and training opportunities, contact Brad McNeal, Coordinator of Religious Formation.
Brad McNeal – Coordinator of Religious Formation
email@example.com | 419-472-2288 ext 2201